Location: Redwood City, CA 94062
Remote option: USA or Canada
Are you a highly motivated DevOps Engineer looking to join a growing team that's excited about being on the cutting edge of human performance innovation?
As a DevOps Engineer at Athos, you will support our cloud/IoT platform as well as our hardware and software development. Our platform includes data science and ML, REST APIs and microservices, heterogenous storages, web and mobile apps, data warehousing, CI/CD and end-to-end testing. You will be part of a small team of DevOps engineers and contribute to the design and building of Athos next generation infrastructure. You will work closely with hardware, software, product and research teams to develop and support the human performance training solution of tomorrow.
What You’ll Do and How You’ll Make an Impact:
- Work with cross-functional teams to help shape and define the Athos product experience to meet business requirements
- Design and build a secure, scalable and reliable new cloud infrastructure aimed at providing sport athletes with an in-the-moment and longer term training advice based on Athos unique data: the EMG signals
- Manage and maintain our infrastructure
- Build security threat models, controls and mitigations
- Build and maintain our CI/CD pipeline
- Troubleshoot complex issues effectively
- Contribute to a future-ready, high quality, and high-performance code base
- Share your technical solutions and product ideas with the team
- Contribute to continuous improvement of our development and release processes
What You Bring:
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, another science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of professional experience in DevOps or related field
- Experience in a Linux system admin role or in a Site Reliability Engineer role
- Experience designing and building enterprise solutions with Microsoft Azure
- Experience with .NET C#
- Experience with PowerShell
- Experience with configuration management tools: Ansible, Puppet, Chef etc.
- Experience with automated deployment, continuous integration using Jenkins or similar tools
- Good experience and understanding of Docker and Kubernetes
- Good understanding of reliability, scalability and cybersecurity principles and best practices
- Good knowledge of Python and bash
- Knowledge of IP networking, VPN, DNS, load balancing and firewalls
- Familiarity with log aggregation and with any monitoring tools: DataDog, Grafana, Nagios, Icinga etc.
- Good knowledge of virtualization technologies: VirtualBox, Docker, Vagrant etc…
- Good knowledge of storage systems: file systems, object stores and databases
- Great sense of responsibility
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Detail-oriented, well organized and self-starter with a great team spirit
- Lead by example and consensus builder
- History of success in building or improving systems while supporting existing applications and users
- U.S. Citizenship
- Security Clearance: Secret clearance or higher
What We Offer:
- Creative, innovative, and collaborative work environment with an empathetic and respectful culture
- Company paid comprehensive benefits for employees: Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long term disability. Company pays 65% for family medical and dental
- Flexible spending account, 401(k)
- Flexible PTO
- Mobile phone reimbursement
- Love being active and learning how you can improve your movement? You’ll have your own gear and be able to workout with the Athos training system
Our Mission at Athos is to Build Better Athletes and we believe we’re all athletes. Since our founding, we set out to leverage surface electromyography (sEMG) in a wearable form factor to track movement and muscular function anywhere the body is in motion. We have helped thousands of professional and collegiate athletes get more from their workouts. We’ve also expanded our focus to include warfighters in multiple branches of the US military. All of these athletes have one common goal which is to train hard, train effectively and train safely. At Athos, we believe in getting the most out of every workout and enabling all athletes to reach their highest potential!
Athos is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
If this sounds like a good fit, we’d love to hear from you!